This is a listing for a custom designed\built bee vacuum chamber for vacuuming up bees in situations like property colony removals.
It does not come with a vacuum cleaner, you need to supply your own. (I’ve picked up free ones in places like zero waste groups).
The system will work with a normal hosed vacuum that has a detachable extension tube/handle.
(It wont work with handheld vacuums, or dysons type designs, needs to be a hosed domestic style vacuum that plugs in).
The Bee Chamber has the following features:
– Transparent holding chamber so you can observe the bees and their condition. (aka the bucket)
– Transparent hosing, so you can observe for blockages.
– Length of hose is 2 meters per section. (2 hoses provided).
– Landing board for bees to climb.
– Magnetic safety “net” to slow down the bees momentum.
– Double bee safe filter design. Bees will not end up in the vacuum itself.
– Mostly plastic\metal design (so it can be cleaned\sterilized).
– Held together with friction or magnets (mostly), parts can separate for cleaning.
– Light weight, easy to haul. Under 5kg
– Pressure is controlled by dual purpose slider vent on the lid, you can gauge the pressure with a big or small valve depending on the vacuum used.
– The pressure slider can be removed completely for ventilation when travelling bees in the bucket.
– Built in implosion prevention valve (incase the inlet tube gets blocked).
– Internal temperature strip (18-34c range) to monitor internal temps for overheating.
– Comes with a small removable LED torch to help when working in dark cavities (takes 3x AAA batteries, included).
– When assembled\full, the hoses can be clipped to themselves to transport the chamber in one piece.
– Inclusive of Postage in Republic of Ireland. (Not yet available outside RoI).
The custom designed\manufactured components are guaranteed for life.
Backordering available if out of stock.
Thanks for looking.